Chris Moskal: 5 Days for the Homeless
My name is Chris Moskal. I’m a fourth-year biology student and track and field athlete. As well, I’m heavily involved in many student groups on campus, including being the special events coordinator for the UMSU Green Team and co-chair of the Sustainability Committee.
I spent this past summer working on a research project just outside of a small town in South Africa. While I was away on this trip I noticed a major disparity in the distribution of wealth, and how severe the problem of homelessness is. When I got back to Winnipeg I decided the best way to start making a change was right here at home. Because of this, I decided to be a sleeper for the 5 Days For the Homeless campaign.
As a major advocate for sustainability I’m very pleased that Resource Assistance for Youth (RaY) is the charity of choice for this campaign. Not only do they provide basic necessities, housing and meals for those in need; RaY also provides long-term solutions through training for youth to join the workforce. I’m looking forward experiencing this campaign and raising awareness and funds for a great charity!
DONATE NOW at https://5days.ca/participants/chris-moskal/
- Mar. 9, 2016 – QX 104 Facebook: 5 Days for the Homeless video interview
- Mar. 9, 2016 – Energy 106: “5 Days for the Homeless”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – iNews 880 AM: “U of M students spending five days on the streets”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – CJOB radio: “Sleeping outside to fight homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – ChrisD: “U of M Students Camping Out to Fight Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – The Manitoban: “5 Days to Combat Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – Radio-Canada: “5 jours dehors pour sensibiliser à la situation des jeunes sans-abri”
- Mar. 6, 2016 – Winnipeg Sun: “Students sleep outside to support homeless”
- Mar. 1, 2016 – QX 104 blog: “5 Days for the Homeless at the U of Manitoba!”
Hello, I have been homeless for the last 29 months. I suffer from an invisible addiction,if you would like to meet one day for a coffee I might be able to enlighten you on a few ideas about ending homelessness, if you are interested please reply to my gmail.thanks and good luck.