Banner Enhancement Program: Phase One Upgrade
Training: Aurora Banner 8 INB will be upgraded to Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms in November
Aurora INB will be upgraded to Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms from 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 21 to 9 a.m. Monday, November 26.
The new Administration Forms deliver a number of important enhancements, including:
- A new look and feel that modernizes the user experience
- Greater flexibility to run Banner on any browser or mobile device
- A solid foundation to deliver additional capabilities
- Improved security
What this means to you:
If you use Aurora INB to view, create, or update records/transactions, such as students’ records or journal entries, then Aurora Banner 9 Administration Forms will modernize how information is displayed and accessed.
Orientation and Training:
Aurora Student orientation sessions will be offered throughout October and November at both the Bannatyne and Fort Garry campuses.
- General Navigation sessions will provide an overview of the new look of Banner 9. All Aurora Student INB users should plan to attend to become comfortable with finding information in student records.
- Advanced, hands-on sessions will be available for users who update student records or schedule courses.
- All users will receive an email with a registration link for the training. Choose a session that suits your schedule.
Aurora Finance will provide hands-on navigation and process classes designed for users who enter financial information or query transactions in Aurora Finance. These classes will begin in November at both the Bannatyne and Fort Garry campuses.
- Join our trainers in the classroom to see what’s new in Banner and learn how to navigate the upgraded system. Participants will get hands on practice creating common financial tasks such as journal entries and interdepartmental charges.
- Sessions will be available on the Learning and Organizational Development Registration tool in the Aurora Finance category and will be announced through the Aurora Finance Client email list.
It’s recommended that all users have Jabber installed on their desktop. This will provide users a quick and easy way to access assistance from the support teams after the upgrade.
For inquiries or to provide feedback to the Program team, contact: Banner9 [at] umanitoba [dot] ca.