Alumni, faculty, staff and students recognized at 2016 YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards
Multiple women with connections to the University of Manitoba were honoured on Wednesday night at the 2016 YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards.
“For 40 years, the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Gala has celebrated the talent, achievement, imagination and innovation of Manitoban women who have made a unique and exemplary contribution to the development of others and to their community,” said the YMCA-YWCA.
Of the 12 honourees, five have ties to the U of M.
They were recognized in the following categories:
- Science, Technology & Research: Dr. Sara Israels [MD/1979], vice dean, academic affairs, Faculty of Health Sciences & professor, section of hematology/oncology
- Business, Professions & Trades: Ada Ducas, head, Health Sciences Libraries
- Education, Training & Mentorship: Helen Robinson-Settee [B.Ed./1987, M.Ed./2014]
- Health, Wellness & Fitness: Michelle Ranville, [B.S.W./1999]
- Young Woman of Distinction: Jesslyn Janssen, student in the Faculty of Science
“Proceeds from the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Gala support a variety of our programs that touch the lives of women, youth and children in our city,” said the YMCA-YWCA.