All student accounts now enrolled in Duo MFA
Add your second-factor device to access university services
All student accounts were enrolled in Duo multi-factor authentication (MFA) on Wednesday, May 4. By Friday, 20,000 students had already added their second-factor device(s) to Duo.
Adding a second-factor device completes your Duo enrolment so you can access all MFA-protected services.
How to add your second-factor device
You can add your device by doing the following:
1. Open a browser (Google Chrome is recommended) and go to http://portal.office.com.
2. Enter your UM email address and password.
3. Duo will prompt you to add your second-factor device. Follow the prompts to complete your setup.
Duo will prompt you to add your device the first time you log in to an MFA-protected service like UM email.
If you want to see what adding a device in Duo looks like before you proceed, please review our text-based instructions:
- How to enrol your second-factor device in Duo MFA (PDF)
- How to enrol your second-factor device in Duo MFA (.doc)
Visit https://umanitoba.ca/multi-factor-authentication for more information about using Duo MFA.
If you cannot use a mobile device with Duo MFA, please contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600 to request an alternative option.
Thank you for your cooperation!