UM Today UM Today University of Manitoba UM Today UM Today UM Today

2021 T4/T4A and T2200S now available on ESS

Important year-end information

February 23, 2022 — 

All UM employees can now access their 2021 T4/T4A and T2200S on the Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.

Payroll Services is pleased to provide all active employees with electronic access to your T4/T4A via Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.

Electronic T4/T4As provide quick and easy access to your information. You can obtain your T4/T4A from any internet-accessible computer, in any country, and at any time of the day.

You can view and print your T4/T4A slip(s) in a convenient manner, similar to the way you currently access your pay statements. Print at your convenience, whenever, wherever, and if you have moved, your T4/T4A will still be waiting for you in your secure ESS page located in the UM portal.

For this year, we are pleased to also assist in 2021 T2200S preparation, active staff who is eligible for the form will be able to view/print T2200S in ESS, while former staff who is eligible for the form will receive paper T2200S through mail, similar to the T4. 

Use the secure ESS login by following these simple steps:

Log in to VIP and click

T4/T4A: My Pay > Year-end Information  > T4 (Under Federal Tax Slip) >  Print or download

T2200S: My Pay  >  Year-end Information  >  T2200S (Under Form T2200 – Declaration of Conditions of Employment)  >  Print or download


Please note:

  • If you have any difficulty logging into VIP, ESS, or printing your T-slip, please contact IST support for further assistance.
  • When you print a copy of your T-slip, ensure to print all pages as it is possible for some individuals to have multiple T4’s and/or T4A’s
  • Due to the high volume of users accessing their T-slips, it is possible the slip may take longer to display.

If the slip does not load within a minute, please try again at a later time. **Tip: Try accessing your slips during slower periods before or after office hours to avoid any connection interruption. **

All former employees will have a paper T4 mailed to their address on file and they will be sent out shortly. Payroll is responsible for T4s and can be contacted at payroll [at] umanitoba [dot] ca, if you need to confirm the mailing of your T4.

All other inquiries about the T4/T4A can be forwarded to payroll [at] umanitoba [dot] ca or visit the Payroll website for the staff contact list, and our team will be happy to provide further assistance.

See also the T2200S form communications sent on February 17, 2022 for information about the T2200S form available for employees working from home in 2021.

, ,

© University of Manitoba • Winnipeg, Manitoba • Canada • R3T 2N2

Emergency: 204-474-9341