2021-MT180 Challengers Announced!
The second annual UM MT180 (Ma thèse en 180 secondes) competition will be held virtually on April 15 at 5:00pm. This French thesis competition is modeled after the English version of 3MT, where challengers have one slide and just 3 minutes (180 seconds) to present their research to a panel of nonspecialized audience and judges.
The challengers who will be presenting are:
- Daya Kaur, Rehabilitation Sciences
- Veronica Coppolaro, Geography
- Diane Tshikudi, Immunology
- Nolan De Leon, Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Semiyu Adegbite, French, Spanish and Italian
- Emily Garcia, Biochemistry and Medical Genetics
- Noushin Ahmadpour, Pharmacy
“This demonstrates the importance of the francophone community in several different fields of research at the University of Manitoba,” says Jean-Eric Ghia, Associate Professor and Honorary Consul of France in Winnipeg.
The top PhD candidate will move on to the National Finals on June 15, 2021 which will be held virtually.
“I would like to thank all of our competitors for MT180 for participating in our second annual event. I look forward to learning about their research in French,” says Acting Dean, Kelley Main.
You are invited to attend the competition virtually. Details of the MT180 and 3MT events can be found at umanitoba.ca/3mt.