Zachary LeClerc: 5 Days for the Homeless
I’m Zachary LeClerc and I will be a Sleeper in the 5 Days for the Homeless campaign this year. I was born, raised and lived in Thompson, Manitoba until I moved to Winnipeg to attend the U of M. I recently graduated with my Bachelors of Recreation Management and Community Development, and have since re-enrolled at the U of M to complete my pre-requisites and prep for med school applications.
I’ve wanted to be a sleeper for a number of years, but the timing never quite worked out for me. I want to raise awareness of the chronic issue with our city, province, and nation. Homelessness is a vicious cycle that is incredibly difficult for people to escape, and as a community we need to provide more support to those in need. I have a lot of friends and family who aren’t from the Winnipeg area, and so a goal of mine is to expand the scope and awareness of the amazing campaign across the nation to unique, small communities who may not be thinking about homelessness in their area.
I’m looking forward to connecting with all you amazing people at the U of M, and to change the way we, as a community, think about homelessness in our city and country.
DONATE NOW at https://5days.ca/participants/zachary-leclerc/
- Mar. 9, 2016 – QX 104 Facebook: 5 Days for the Homeless video interview
- Mar. 9, 2016 – Energy 106: “5 Days for the Homeless”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – iNews 880 AM: “U of M students spending five days on the streets”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – CJOB radio: “Sleeping outside to fight homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – ChrisD: “U of M Students Camping Out to Fight Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – The Manitoban: “5 Days to Combat Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – Radio-Canada: “5 jours dehors pour sensibiliser à la situation des jeunes sans-abri”
- Mar. 6, 2016 – Winnipeg Sun: “Students sleep outside to support homeless”
- Mar. 1, 2016 – QX 104 blog: “5 Days for the Homeless at the U of Manitoba!”