Trending: For the week of September 12 – 18
Welcome to ‘Trending’, where each week we share a few things to watch for on social media.
The days are getting cooler. The leaves are turning orange and starting to fall off the trees. Students are back on campus. There’s no denying that fall has officially arrived on campus!
Here’s what we’re talking about on social media this week:
- Our back-to-school Instagram Photo Challenge is in full swing! Check out on of our amazing winning shots above. Want to play? Visit @umanitoba on Instagram for the day’s challenge and be sure to tag #umorientation to be entered!
- It’s Indigenous Orientation this week, so check in on #umorientation and #umindigenous. Here’s a full list of events.
- We’re also launching the #IDeclareIndigenous campaign this week. Hear from some of the students who’ve chosen to self-declare and learn more about the importance of self-declaring.
- It’s #UMFreeWeek at Rec Services this week! Get Fit for FREE and you could win fantastic prizes!
- Cheer on the herd for all the big fall games at #GoBisons!
- September 21st marks the return of our award-winning Visionary Conversations series. The first topic is reconciliation and there’s an amazing line-up of speakers. Follow the conversation at #umvisionary.
- Academic Integrity is really important. Learn more at #umintegrity.
- Manitoba’s Idea Competition is back! Undergrad, grad and post-doc students in Manitoba have a chance to win $10,000 for their great ideas. Check out #gamechangermb.
- Calling all alumni! #umhomecoming is just around the corner…check out our Facebook Events for the Homecoming Football Game and the inaugural Queers, Cheers and Homecoming Years Soirée.