Trending: For the week of October 3 – 9
October 3, 2016 —
Welcome to ‘Trending’, where each week we share a round-up of things to watch for on social media.
Here’s what we’re talking about this week:
- Our favourite #umanitoba-tagged photo on Instagram this week captures the Bison pride we felt throughout Homecoming 2016. Thanks for tagging us!
- This is a short week with our first-ever fall break on Thursday and Friday. In the meantime, give your mental health a break with these great events on campus for Mental Health Awareness Week and follow along at #umwithyou.
- October is Academic Integrity Month. Learn more here and check out #umintegrity.
- October is also National Cyber Security Awareness Month, so check out our tips here and get more at #ncsam.
- Want to see what the UofM and other Canadian universities are up to when it comes to innovative research? Follow #univresearch on Twitter.
- Wondering how you can cheer on the herd and get Bison news and updates? Show your school spirit using #GoBisons! (watch for Bison women’s soccer taking over our Instagram on Thursday!)
- The problems have been announced and it’s time to get your solutions in order! Check out #gamechangermb for more info on Manitoba’s Idea Competition.
- Find out why students are saying #IDeclareIndigenous.