Top 5 Convocation tips
The big day is coming up – Convocation!
To make the most of your day, here are five tips to maximize your experience:
- Let us know you’re coming: If you haven’t yet reserved your cap and gown, be sure to do so before May 22.
- Plan to arrive early: Graduands should arrive in the James Daly Fieldhouse in Max Bell Centre 1 ½ to 2 hours prior to the ceremony. This ensures you have enough time to fill out your procession card, put on your cap and gown, and line up prior to the ceremony. You can also take this opportunity to update your contact information with one of our friendly volunteers so we can stay in touch.
- Capture the moment: Snap some photos with your friends and family, and tag them with our official hashtag #umanitoba2018to share your pride! Plan to buy a frame to showcase your degree or a photo of you at the ceremony in your cap and gown (both are available for purchase in Max Bell).
- Celebrate with us: Invite your friends and family to meet you at our post-ceremony reception on the Curry Place Pedway if it’s sunny, or in Max Bell Fieldhouse if it’s rainy. And don’t forget to tell them about the FREE PARKING in Q Lot or U Lot that day.
- Family or friends out of town? Let those who can’t attend your ceremony know that they can still watch you cross the stage on our YouTube Live stream.
Finally, don’t forget to take a moment to think about all you’ve accomplished—how hard you have worked throughout your journey, the deadlines, the late hours and the tenacity you’ve demonstrated. This is your day; you’ve met your goal—and we can’t wait to see what you accomplish.