Search begins for new Vice-President (Administration)
President and Vice-Chancellor Michael Benarroch is pleased to announce the membership of the committee he has asked to advise on candidates for the position of Vice-President (Administration) and more generally, on the role. Joining him on the committee are:
- Laurel Hyde, Vice-Chair, University of Manitoba Board of Governors
- John Kearsey, Vice-President (External)
- Todd Mondor, Deputy Provost (Academic Planning and Programs)
- Gady Jacoby, Dean, Asper School of Business
- Mario Lebar, Chief Information Officer
- Brenda Gunn, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law
- Nancy Kang, Associate Professor, Department of Women’s and Gender Studies and Canada Research Chair in Transnational Feminisms and Gender-Based Violence
- David Watt, Associate Professor, Department of English, Theatre, Film & Media and Chair, Senate Planning and Priorities Committee
- Raman Dhaliwal, Director of Administration/Operations, Rady Faculty of Health Science
- Carla Loewen, Indigenous Student Advisor and Member, University of Manitoba Board of Governors
- Jelynn Dela Cruz, President, University of Manitoba Students’ Union
Over the next several weeks, the advisory committee will be considering the role and potential candidates.
The University has retained Leaders International to assist the committee in conducting the search, led by Jane Griffith, Managing Partner.
Input is being requested from the community to assist the advisory committee in better assessing the skills and attributes that will be required for success in this role. Bearing this in mind, the advisory committee would very much appreciate your thoughts on the following questions:
- What opportunities and challenges await the Vice-President, Administration?
- What qualifications, qualities and experiences should be sought in candidates (academic credentials, previous positions held, subject matter expertise, values, leadership style)?
- Are there individuals you would like to recommend?
Confidential feedback is requested by close of business Wednesday, January 13, 2021. It may be submitted directly to Leaders International here.