Registration now open for research training program
The program offers workshops to provide introductory research skills and knowledge for students, research assistants, research staff, and faculty members affiliated with any of the partnering units.
April 13, 2021 —
Registration is now open for the Summer Research Training Institute, a program (occurring virtually this year) that offers a variety of workshops designed to provide introductory research skills and knowledge for students, research assistants, research staff, and faculty members.
Any faculty member or researcher, their students and research staff that are affiliated with any of the partnering units may participate.
The institute is based on a partnership between the College of Nursing, Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management, Faculty of Education and the Centre on Aging.
There are a number of workshops offered through May and June. You may attend as many workshops as you wish. Registration is free.
- Tips for Success as a Research Assistant
- Research Career Panel
- Tips and Strategies for Preparing Successful Undergraduate Student Awards/Scholarships
- Foundations in Literature Searching
- Ethics Involving Human Subjects
- Managing Your References using Mendeley
- Excel for Research Management
- Indigenous Research
- Conducting Research with Older Adults
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Community Based & Participatory Research
- Online Surveys
- Introduction to Research Project Management
- How do I make sense of it all?: Strategies for extracting and synthesizing research literature
- Creating Research Poster Presentations
- Oral Research Presentations
- Knowledge Translation/Mobilization
- Preparing a Manuscript for Publication