Proposals sought for Faculty Endowment Fund
The 2016 Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences Endowment Fund Competition is now open!
The Endowment Fund has over $3.8 million donated to date from students, academic and support staff, alumni and the private sector from which interest is available to fund proposals as listed below.
The Endowment Fund Committee of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences is soliciting proposals for funding from academic and support staff, students, and alumni of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences. Funding is available for a wide variety of worthy projects and programs consistent with the academic goals of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, including but not limited to:
- teaching, research, and extension projects/equipment
- student recruitment activities
- scholarships, fellowships and assistantships at both the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels
- visiting scientists and lecturers
- special projects for support staff
- special leaves
- computer equipment – funding of computer equipment for graduate students and research infrastructure should be shared by the grant-holder in the respective department
- field trips – a field course fee should be charged where applicable, rather than seeking financial support from the Endowment Fund
- library acquisitions
- conferences or field days
The 2016 overview and application form are available at www.umanitoba.ca/afs/endowment/
Deadline is 12:00 pm NOON on Monday, February 29, 2016.
Dr. Martin Scanlon, Chair
Agricultural and Food Sciences Endowment Fund Committee
Dean’s Office, 256 Agriculture Building
The University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2
Tel: (204) 474-6082 — Fax: (204) 474-7525
E-mail: agresear [at] umanitoba [dot] ca