Join researcher panel on sustainable, equitable transportation
The Office of Sustainability invites students, faculty and staff to an inspiring and educational panel discussion on the impacts and importance of accessible, equitable and sustainable transportation.
The Sustainable and Equitable Transportation Research Panel event will be an opportunity to hear renowned researchers from the University of Manitoba address the accessibility and impacts of transportation in our community. The panel discussion will be held on Microsoft Teams on April 12 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Topics will range from developing accessible transportation systems, to the effects of public transit and active transportation on the environment, to how public transportation decisions can impact the lives of Indigenous women and Two-Spirit Plus people. Panelists will consider how we got to where we are today and what transportation may look like in the future for our community.
- Dr. Orly Linovski, associate professor, department of city planning
- Dr. Paul Larson, professor, department of supply chain management
- Dr. Adele Perry, director, Centre for Human Rights Research, Distinguished Professor, women’s and gender studies, history
- Dr. Jocelyn Thorpe, director, Centre for Creative Writing and Oral Culture; associate professor, women’s and gender studies, history
- Sushreeta Mishra, PhD candidate, department of civil engineering
Participants will have the opportunity to direct their transportation questions to our panel of knowledgeable experts in the field.
We invite you to participate in this insightful and educational panel discussion on transportation on April 12. To register, please complete this registration form.