How to avoid a copycat catastrophe
Attend one of this fall’s copyright information sessions
As a member of the International Centre for Academic Integrity, UM takes copyright matters very seriously, for both students and faculty. Usage of copyrighted materials can be tricky at times, which is why the UM Copyright Office holds information sessions every fall.
Whether you’re new to UM or need a refresher, consider attending an information and question session for faculty and instructors.
The UM Copyright office will hold three live sessions this fall via Microsoft Teams.
- What faculty and instructors need to know: Tuesday, September 12, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Using images: Monday, September 18, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- What faculty and instructors need to know: Thursday, September 28, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
All three sessions can be joined at the scheduled times using the same Microsoft Teams link.
Topics to be covered
- Fair dealing and UM Copyright Guidelines
- Top tips and best practices
- Using UM Libraries resources
- Using images
- Creative Commons licences search strategies and licence types
- How to protect your copyright
Can’t make it?
If you’re unable to attend a session, the Copyright Office would be happy to book one at your convenience for you and your team. Send an email to um [dot] copyright [at] umanitoba [dot] ca or call 204-474-7277 to schedule your session.
You can also visit the Copyright Office website for more information.