Election results for Indigenous Senators
On April 7, 2021 the University of Manitoba Senate approved the addition of five Indigenous Senators to the membership of Senate over and above any Indigenous Senators already serving on Senate as representatives for their respective Faculty and School Councils. This addition is intended to add Indigenous participation and voice in Senate governance and is not to preclude Indigenous Senators to continue to be elected by individual Faculty and School Councils as well.
Online voting will took place from March 1, 2022 to Monday, March 21, 2022.
Elected for three-year terms for the period of June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2025 are:
- Marcia Anderson, Max Rady College of Medicine, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Margaret Hart, College of Rehabilitation Sciences, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Jeremy Patzer, Faculty of Arts
Elected for two-year terms for the period of June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2024 are:
- Debra Beach Ducharme, Max Rady College of Medicine, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Melanie Morris, Max Rady College of Medicine, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
Jeff M. Leclerc, University Secretary, says, “I wish to thank all of the candidates for allowing their names to stand, and all Faculty and School council members who took the time to vote in this important election process.”
See more information on the Election of Indigenous Senators to the University of Manitoba Senate (2022) webpage (UM Governance > Senate).