Commuter Challenge 2018
The University of Manitoba is preparing to get active this June 3-9 for another year of Commuter Challenge – a friendly week-long competition between individuals and organizations across Canada that challenges participants to walk, cycle, carpool or bus to school or work. Last year, over 1,600 workplaces and 19,000 individuals participated across the country!
If you are staff, faculty or a student, signing up for the Commuter Challenge is easy. Follow these easy steps:
- Simply register as staff member or register as a student on the Commuter Challenge website. You can choose to register as a staff or a student. Both? No problem, just choose whichever option you find most suits you.
- Log your commute. During the week of June 3-9, choose to bike, walk, bus, or carpool and log those kilometers on the Commuter Challenge website.
- For bonus entries, sign up for GoManitoba (be sure to complete your registration to be eligible – check your junk email folder)!
- Get more bonus entries by logging your commute in GoManitoba.
- Click on the ‘Commuter Calendar’ on your dashboard
- Drag the commute icon to the date of the month which you are recording
- Repeat until June 9
- Win sweet prizes!
Thanks to Green Action Centre, registrants for Commuter Challenge are automatically entered for a chance to win the following:
- Winnipeg Transit annual pass | a value of over $1,000
- 2 Weekend Passes to Winnipeg Folk Fest | a value of over $450
- 2 VISA passes to Folklorama | a value of over $550
- Free donuts for a year, courtesy of Oh! Doughnuts | a value of $400
- One night’s stay in the luxurious Fairmont Winnipeg
- 1 year Family Membership to FortWhyte Alive, with tons of great extra swag
- One year casual membership to Peg City Car Co-op
- 2 months of workplace compost pick up service from Compost Winnipeg
- Delicious local honey from Beeproject Apiaries
- 5-class pass to Yoga North
- Canoe rental from Winnipeg Canoe Rental
- 10-class pass from Serene Yoga
- 6 VIP passes to the 2018 Fringe Festival
- 2 x 60 minute float sessions from JellyFish Float Spa, plus 2 craniosacral sessions
- $25 gift certificate to Clementine Cafe
- 90 minute float session from FLOAT.calm
- 2 tickets to the 1st production of Prairie Theatre Exchange’s 2018-2019 season
- 2 passes to the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s Summer with the Impressionists exhibition
As well, the University of Manitoba will be offering several prizes to staff and students who sign up, so check back for more details!
In 2017, the University of Manitoba had excellent participation levels, doubling community registration from the previous year. This resulted in, 19,000 Canadians took part in the Commuter Challenge, collectively avoiding 245 tonnes of CO2 emissions by choosing sustainable transportation options. This year, the University is looking for as many individuals of our campus communities to register and choose to bike, walk, cycle, carpool or bus this June 3-9!
Find your ideal commute
Explore your transportation options to U of M campuses. Learn how and where to lock your bike, find convenient park & ride locations and discover carpool only parking spaces on campus.