Community and business leaders take their place
President’s Campaign Team steps up to lead the conversation on Front and Centre
When the total raised for the Front and Centre campaign – an amazing $215,294,636 – was announced during halftime at the October 3 Winnipeg Blue Bombers game, members of the president’s campaign team were on their feet, cheering in the stands. This dedicated group, which includes prominent members of Manitoba’s business and philanthropic community, are among the campaign’s most ardent supporters and advocates.
“Campaign Chair Paul Soubry, along with the members of the president’s campaign team, are showing tremendous leadership as champions of this important initiative,” says U of M President David Barnard. “They share our firm belief that when empowered and equipped to meet the challenges ahead, our university can – and will – enhance virtually every aspect of the communities we serve. This is our vision for the University of Manitoba.”
Front and Centre President’s Campaign Team:
- Paul Soubry, Campaign Chair, President and CEO, New Flyer Industries
- Harvey Secter, Honorary Campaign Chair, Chancellor, University of Manitoba
- Patricia Bovey, Chair, Board of Governors, University of Manitoba
- David Barnard, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Manitoba
- Gail Asper, President, The Asper Foundation
- Alan Borger, President and CEO, Ladco Company Limited
- Doneta Brotchie, President, FUNdamentals – Creative Ventures
- David Christie, Regional VP, Private Banking, RBC Financial Group
- Chris Couture, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Arthur DeFehr, President and CEO, Palliser Furniture Ltd.
- Rick Duha, Managing Director and Principal, Duha Color Services
- Mark Evans, Consultant and Past President and CEO, EISI
- Albert Friesen, President and CEO, Medicure Inc.
- David Friesen, Chairman of the Board, Friesens Corporation
- Susan Glass, Community Volunteer
- Gregg Hanson, Retired President and CEO, Wawanesa Insurance
- Israel Idonije, Founder, The Israel Idonije Foundation, Retired NFL Player
- John Kearsey, Vice-President, External, University of Manitoba
- Paul Mahon, President and CEO, The Great West Life Assurance Company
- Arthur Mauro, Past President and CEO, Investors Group
- Leonard Penner, Past President, Cargill Limited
- Gerry Price, Chairman and CEO, Price Industries Limited
- Hartley Richardson, President and CEO, James Richardson and Sons, Ltd.
- Jason Stefanson, Vice Chairman, CIBC World Markets Inc.
- Arni Thorsteinson, President and CEO, Shelter Canadian Properties Ltd.
- Richard Waugh, Retired President and CEO, Scotiabank