Cameron Teschuk: 5 Days for the Homeless
I am currently a fifth year student at the Asper School of Business majoring in Human Resources and Management Information Systems after entering the faculty out of St Paul’s High School Class of 2011. Outside of classes, I am a defensive back and team captain of the University of Manitoba Bison Football Team and work part-time as a Human Resource Analyst at New Flyer Industries. Other involvements in the Asper community include my role as External Promotions Coordinator for the Commerce Students Association, and three years as a member of the Asper JDC West Case Study Competition team.
I am excited to have the opportunity to make a difference in the local community through my involvement with 5 Days for the Homeless. My primary goal as part of the campaign is to raise as much awareness and donations as possible for RAY throughout the week. As a sleeper, I am interested to see first-hand the hardships that come with homelessness and learn what I can do to help. My goal is to take from this week a better understanding of the problem, and spread hope and lessons for a solution throughout my community moving forward.
I encourage everyone be friendly throughout the week, stop by our shelter, and, most importantly, bring a donation.
- Mar. 9, 2016 – QX 104 Facebook: 5 Days for the Homeless video interview
- Mar. 9, 2016 – Energy 106: “5 Days for the Homeless”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – iNews 880 AM: “U of M students spending five days on the streets”
- Mar. 9, 2016 – CJOB radio: “Sleeping outside to fight homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – ChrisD: “U of M Students Camping Out to Fight Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – The Manitoban: “5 Days to Combat Youth Homelessness”
- Mar. 7, 2016 – Radio-Canada: “5 jours dehors pour sensibiliser à la situation des jeunes sans-abri”
- Mar. 6, 2016 – Winnipeg Sun: “Students sleep outside to support homeless”
- Mar. 1, 2016 – QX 104 blog: “5 Days for the Homeless at the U of Manitoba!”