Six companies compete at venture challenge
On June 18, Innovate Manitoba, which is supported by the University of Manitoba, is hosting Lift’Off.
Lift’Off is a dynamic business event that brings Manitoba’s entrepreneurial startups into the same room as venture capitalists, and then the entrepreneurs pitch their products and hope to win. It’s a lot like CBC’s show Dragons’ Den.
The six competing companies were chosen from a bootcamp Innovate Manitoba hosts.
The competitors are:
- Element Life Science: A medical device company specializing in patented RF coil technology for 2nd generation MRI use.
- Exigence Technologies: A platform antimicrobial technology that can be applied to new and used textiles and polymer-based medical devices, to protect them for the lifetime of the product against antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Kindoma: Makes video chat services that let families do things like read and draw, even when apart.
- Konex Wake Parks: A manufacturer and international supplier of cable wakeboarding systems and obstacles.
- PermissionClick: A platform that allows educators to collect web-based permission slips and fees from parents in a timely and transparent way.
- Shut Ur Pie Hole: Shut Ur Pie Hole sells made from-scratch pies made with fresh, local ingredients served in full-size and single-serving jars.
What: Venture Challenge
When: June 18, competition runs from 8:30 a.m. until noon
Where: Fort Garry Hotel
For more information click here.