Get your culture on at Homecoming
September 29, 2015 —
While Homecoming is often associated with football games and tailgate parties (who doesn’t love a tailgate party?) this annual celebration is also a terrific opportunity to tap into the music, theatre, art and culture vibe that makes our campus a vibrant, exciting place to be.
Arts and culture events include:
- The annual Homecoming Concert which will showcase a mix of performances from the Desautels Faculty of Music, ranging from classics by Rachmaninoff to the virtuosity of Paganini, the ever-popular Piazzolla, and jazz and opera favourites.
- Where: Eva Clare Hall
- When: Thursday, October 1 at 7 pm
- Admission is free but tickets are required and seating is limited
- To reserve tickets visit umanitoba.ca/homecoming (select the “Desautels Faculty of Music Concert”)
- The University of Manitoba Black Hole Theatre’s production of Aristophanes’ Lysistrata. The production is in celebration of 100 years of student theatre at the university, and also serves as a fundraiser for the new Conklin Theatre in the Taché Arts Project.
- Where: Black Hole Theatre
- When: September 28 to October 2 at 8 pm nightly and October 3 at 8:30 pm
- Tickets are $50 with a tax receipt may be issued for part of this amount. Purchase tickets here.
- School of Art exhibition and book launch. Curated by Dr. Mary Ann Steggles, Professor and Associate Director of the School of Art, the exhibition is a journey through the evolution of ceramics since the 1960’s.
- Where: School of Art Gallery, ARTLab
- When: October 2 at 5 pm
- Tickets are not required
For more information and to register for any of these events, visit umanitoba.ca/homecoming.