Get your copyright solutions
Info Sessions offered in January
If you teach at the U of M, you may upload course material to UM Learn, or otherwise share content with your students. Knowing what can be copied and distributed or uploaded legally, and how much, can be challenging.
Spend 30-45 minutes with a copyright expert who will:
- give you practical information about Fair Dealing
- provide you with details about copying library resources
- demystify the use of images and media
- explain the Copyright Act exceptions that are relevant to you
- help you offer students the best copyright-friendly course material possible
- offer Copyright Solutions to make your work easier.
Registration is not necessary – simply drop in.
Copyright Information Sessions, 307 Tier
- Tues. Jan 15, 10:15 – 11:00 AM
- Thurs Jan 17, 1:15 – 2:00 PM
- Wed Jan 23 , 12:30 – 1:15 PM
- Fri Jan 25, 10:30 – 11:15 AM
If these dates do not fit your schedule, let the Copyright Office come to you.
Whether meeting individuals one-on-one or presenting to an entire department, copyright specialists are available to deliver information sessions on a date, time, and location that meets your schedule. Contact the Copyright Office for more information. 204-474-9607 / 7277 or um [dot] copyright [at] umanitoba [dot] ca.
You can also send your questions to um_copyright [at] umanitoba [dot] ca or call 204-474-9607 and you’ll receive a fast, friendly and helpful response.
For additional supports, including copyright checklists, visit the Copyright Office website or in person at 201 Allen Building.