Get moving on campus with Sneaker Day
Let's connect and celebrate the warm weather!
It’s time to lace up your sneakers and get active by joining everyone outside on our UM campuses! On Wednesday, June 14, the UM community will celebrate Sneaker Day with an accessible campus walk.
Here’s everything you need to know leading up to the event:
- Registration tables will open at 11:45 a.m. on the Active Living Centre (ALC) patio (Fort Garry Campus) and in the atrium (Bannatyne Campus).
- Welcoming remarks will begin at 12:10, and then the group will head out on the 2.5 km walk around each campus from 12:15 to 12:45, with lunch provided for those who pre-registered for the event.
- The participants pre-registered for the event will receive their lunch ticket and T-shirt when they check in at the welcome desk.
- Please bring your ticket to the welcome table after the walk to receive your lunch.
- Pre-Registration is open from Wednesday, May 17th – Wednesday, May 31.
“We look forward to a fun, engaging, active lunch hour on Sneaker Day and can’t wait to see you there!” – Naomi Andrew, Vice-President (Administration).
This lunch hour event is meant to encourage all staff and faculty to reconnect on campus and enjoy the outdoors. Co-sponsored by the Office of the Vice-President (Administration) and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management, Sneaker Day will take place simultaneously at the Bannatyne and Fort Garry locations.
“Sneaker Day is a great event to stretch your legs, breath some fresh air and enjoy the campus,” Dr. Douglas Brown, Dean of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management.