Event day parking restrictions today
Restrictions in effect
This summer and fall, the University of Manitoba will once again welcome thousands of community members to its Fort Garry campus for events at Investors Group Field.
Scheduled events for 2015 will enact the Event Day Plan: events include concerts and Winnipeg Blue Bomber pre-season and regular season home games (see below for schedule).
During these events, the “Event Day Plan” will be enacted, which will determine how and when visitors can access and park on campus. All members of our community – students, staff, faculty, alumni and visitors – should familiarize themselves with the parking and access restrictions before they arrive on campus on an event day.
WHAT TO KNOW
- The “Event Day Plan” is an access and parking plan developed jointly by the City of Winnipeg, Winnipeg Football Club and University of Manitoba. It is only enacted when the estimated crowd for an event at Investors Group Field is expected to exceed 15,000.
- The “Event Day Plan” goes into effect 90 minutes before the scheduled start of an event, and is in place for 60 minutes after the end of an event. (Example: Game time 7:00 to 10:00 pm: plan is in effect from 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm)
- U of M-specific traffic is required to enter and exit during the event day window by the Kings Drive entrance.
- Further information can be found on this site.
WHERE CAN UM PARKING PERMIT-HOLDERS PARK?
- During the event day window of 90 minutes before an event and 60 minutes after, all U of M permit parkers can park for free in the following lots: A, B, ACE, staff section of D, CTC and AC. Please consult the U of M Parking Map here (click the parking options when viewing the map). A PDF of the parking map can be found here.
WHERE CAN VISITORS/CASUAL PARKERS PARK DURING THE EVENT DAY WINDOW?
- Casual paid parking spots will be available in the U of M Parkade and N lot; spaces are limited.
WHERE CAN I PARK IF I’M TAKING A CLASS DURING AN EVENT AND DON’T HAVE A U of M PARKING PASS?
- Students who are registered for an evening or weekend class that falls on an Event Day will receive a direct communication outlining parking options for them.
- Staff can also get permits if they have conflicting work schedules.
2014 Event Day Schedule
- Fri Jun 19 / 7:30pm – CFL: Hamilton vs. Winnipeg
- Thu Jul 2 / 7:30pm – CFL: Hamilton vs. Winnipeg
- Fri Jul 10 / 6:00pm – CFL: Montreal vs. Winnipeg
- Fri Jul 24 / 7:00pm – CONCERT: One Direction
- Thu Jul 30 / 7:30pm – CFL: BC vs. Winnipeg
- Fri Aug 14 / 7:00pm – CFL: Toronto vs. Winnipeg
- Sat Aug 29 / 5:00pm – CFL: Calgary vs. Winnipeg
- Sat Sep 12 / 5:30pm – CFL: Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg
- Thu Sep 17 / 7:00pm – CONCERT: AC/DC
- Fri Sep 25 / 7:30pm – CFL: Calgary vs. Winnipeg
- Sat Oct 3 / 3:00pm – CFL: Edmonton vs. Winnipeg
- Sat Oct 24 / 3:00pm – CFL: Ottawa vs. Winnipeg
- Sun Nov 29 / TBC – CFL: Grey Cup Game