CBC: Poison pellets ‘inhumane’
June 16, 2014 —
After a dog ate almost a cup of poison pellets at a city park, St. Vital City Coun. Brian Mayes has asked the city to look into its gopher poison program.
University of Manitoba researcher James Hare told the CBC that the method should be scrapped entirely, calling the use of poison pellets “inhumane.”
“It’s just a miserable way to go,” said Hare.
Hare works with rodents at the university and said there are better methods.
“One can use live traps and euthanize them humanely,” he said.