2016 Bisons World Cup
Fundraising event in support of the Bison Women's Soccer Team
Join the Bison Women’s Soccer Team for a fun-filled day of seven-on-seven outdoor soccer action. You will have the opportunity to meet the current team and coaching staff, all while partaking in a friendly competitive tournament. All proceeds from the tournament will go toward supporting the University of Manitoba Bison Women’s Soccer Team. Teams may be between 8 and 14 players, co-ed, with no gender restrictions. All players must be over the age of 16. All teams will be guaranteed three games.
Date: Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
NOTE: Times may change depending on scheduling
Location: UofM Outdoor Turf Fields – 175 Chancellor Matheson Dr.
- Student Team: $150 (at least half of team are UofM students)
- Student Individual: $15 (UofM student without team)
- Community Team: $200 (less than half of team are UofM students)
- Community Individual: $20 (non-UofM student without team)
- Fill out the tournament registration form.
- Registration forms and payments can be dropped off the Active Living Centre Customer Service counter, the Faculty of Kinesiology & Recreation Management (102 Frank Kennedy), or the Bisons Sport Office (124 Frank Kennedy). Please note that with the completed forms, you do not need to stand in line at the customer service counters to register. The registration forms can be dropped off in an envelope addressed to BISONS SOCCER TOURNAMENT.
- All registration fees are non-refundable and due in full. Cash, credit cards, and cheques (payable to the University of Manitoba) will be accepted as forms of payment.
- Both team and individual (“free agent”) registrations are available.
- In the case of a team registration, a designated team captain must hand in the total registration payment for his/her team as well as a completed roster form.
- Registration ends on Friday September 2nd by 10:00 pm.
- The final tournament schedule will be sent to the team captains and free agents by Saturday September 3rd at 2:00 pm by email.
- All participating players must fill out a waiver form that must be handed in at the tournament check-in table prior to the start of their first match. Participants who fail to turn this waiver form in will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- At the moment of registration, team captains and free agents must turn in a completed registration form. Team captains must also hand in a completed team roster form.
- All participants must complete and turn in their own waiver form at tournament check-in prior to participating in their first game.
- Half-field games with 6 field players and one goalkeeper
- 2×10 minute halves for round robin with a 2 minute half-time
- 2×15 minute halves for playoff games with a 5 minute half-time
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss
CLICK HERE to read a more detailed description of the tournament rules.