Seniors' Alumni Learning for Life Program
The Seniors’ Alumni Learning for Life Program provides exclusive opportunities to explore new ideas, and hear from professors, researchers and fellow alumni who are innovators in their field. Engage in lively discussion with others who share your love of learning. This exciting program of seven sessions is for seniors 60-plus and is open to alumni and friends of the University of Manitoba.
We are excited to announce that our upcoming Fall 2017 series will held on Thursdays beginning on September 14, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, 196 Innovation Drive (Smartpark, near Fort Garry Campus).
Topics for the Fall 2017 Session are:
- Sept 14th – A History of the 140 Years at the University of Manitoba by Dr. Shelley Sweeney
- Sept 21st – Why We Cry at Movies by Dr. Brenda Austin-Smith
- Sept 28th – Risk management for civil engineering infrastructure and technical aspects of temporary and permanent flood protection works* by Dr. James Blatz
- Oct 12th – Conservation of Grassland Birds in Canada by Dr. Nicola Koper
- Oct 19th – Architectural history, theory and design* by Dr. Lisa Landrum
- Oct 26th – LGBTTQ Healthcare issues* by Dr. Deborah McPhail
- Nov 2nd – Resistance Training for the Older Adult by Dr. Stephen Cornish
* Topics are currently tentative. Please check the website in August for updated information.
The Spring 2018 series will be held on Wednesdays beginning on April 4, 2017 from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Registration for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 is now open.Click here to register now!