Seniors' Alumni Learning for Life Program
The Seniors’ Alumni Learning for Life Program provides exclusive opportunities to explore new ideas, and hear from professors, researchers and fellow alumni who are innovators in their field. Engage in lively discussion with others who share your love of learning. This exciting program of seven sessions is for seniors 60-plus and is open to alumni and friends of the University of Manitoba.
Our upcoming Fall 2017 series will be held on Thursdays beginning on September 14, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, 196 Innovation Drive (Smartpark, near Fort Garry Campus).
The Fall session has now sold out. If you’d like to be added to our wait list, please contact Debby Wile at 204.474.7116 or email@example.com
Don’t miss out on your chance to be a part of our Spring 2018 session that kicks off on Wednesdays beginning on April 4, 2018 from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Register for the Spring series here.
Topics for the Fall 2017 Session are:
- September 14th – Spinning Stories from the last 140 years at the University of Manitoba by Dr. Shelley Sweeney
- September 21st – Why We Cry at Movies by Dr. Brenda Austin-Smith
- September 28th – Engineering aspects of temporary and permanent flood protection works in Manitoba by Dr. James Blatz
- October 12th – Conservation of Grassland Birds in Canada by Dr. Nicola Koper
- October 19th – Architects and the Paradox of Acting (a history) by Dr. Lisa Landrum
- October 26th – LGBTTQ Healthcare issues by Dr. Deborah McPhail
- November 2nd – Resistance Training for the Older Adult by Dr. Stephen Cornish
Registration for the Spring 2018 session is now open.Click here to register now!