New Great West Life drug card for faculty and staff
Please ensure your mailing address is current
New Great West Life drug cards will be mailed to all faculty and staff home addresses. Please login in to the Employee Self Service portal (JUMP) and ensure your address is current. Please make changes by February 29, 2016.
The benefit of the new drug card is that employees will no longer be out-of-pocket for the covered portion of the drug claim because pharmacies can directly bill Great West Life. Employees will still have to pay their deductible and co-insurance amount.
Other benefits of the new drug card include:
- Employees gain access to Great West Life’s drug utilization review program, which ensures new prescriptions will not be an issue with any previously prescribed drugs.
- The new drug card will replace the paper global medical assistance cards.
- Employees might pay less for prescriptions than if submitting a paper claim form. Great West Life limits what pharmacies can charge for dispensing fees or any additional charges. Employees will not pay more.
Please login to Employee Self Service (JUMP) by February 29, 2016 and update your address if needed by clicking on “address.” Make the change and then click “save.”
Questions? Please contact the compensation and benefits department, human resources.
- Surname A to L: contact dustin [dot] luckwell [at] umanitoba [dot] ca, 204-474-8085
- Surname M to Z: contact lynne [dot] painchaud [at] umanitoba [dot] ca, 204-474-9771