UM Library Student Scavenger Hunt
Explore our libraries for a chance to win!
How well do you know the University of Manitoba Libraries?
Have you used the “Ask Us” library chat service or found a book on Course Reserve? Whether you’re a new or returning student this fall, join us in exploring our libraries by entering the UM Library Scavenger Hunt.
Visit a library you haven’t seen before, and pick up a few useful skills along the way — join the hunt, which runs from September 11-15.
>> Everyone who enters will have the chance to win a Starbucks card. The account with the most entries will automatically win a $25 Starbucks card, while all other entries will be included in a draw for a $50 Starbucks card!
Rules and regulations
The UM Library Scavenger Hunt officially runs from September 11-15 — but if you start early, we will also count your entries.
To enter to win, share a photo of:
- A great study spot in a library
- A selfie in any library
- A selfie with a library staff member
- The MeeScan self-checkout scanner
- A selfie or screenshot while using the “Ask Us” library chat service
- A book on Course Reserve
- A book about success in university
>> Read the FAQs and get some tips on where to find some of the photo options at bit.ly/umlibraryscavengerhunt.
- Include the hashtag #umlibraryscavengerhunt and tag any UM Library in your post.
- On Instagram, tag @dafoe_library.
- If you’re using Facebook, tag the page for your favorite library, such as @ElizabethDafoeLibrary, @UManitobaSciTechLibrary, @russellumanitoba (Architecture/Fine Arts Library) or @UManitobaMusicLibrary.
- On Twitter, you can tag @Dafoe_Library, @UMSciTechLib, or @healthlibrary (the Health Sciences Libraries).
- Make sure that the post can be seen by the public in order to be entered.
Enter multiple times to increase your chances of winning!
- The winners will be announced at bit.ly/umlibraryscavengerhunt on Monday, September 18. The winning accounts will also be sent a Direct Message.
- Prizes must be picked up from the Elizabeth Dafoe Library during regular business hours.
- This contest is open to all current University of Manitoba students.
We will share some of our favorite entries while the contest is underway. By tagging your pictures with #umlibraryscavengerhunt, you are agreeing to allow us to share your pictures on our social media accounts. Your photo(s) will not be used for commercial purposes.
This contest is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram Inc., Facebook Inc., or Twitter Inc.