Order of Manitoba honours UM alumni, faculty, researchers and president
An esteemed group from the U of M community will be honoured July 12.
Some of the University of Manitoba’s most respected alumni, faculty members, researchers and administration will be invested into the Order of Manitoba on July 12 at the Manitoba Legislative Building.
Receiving this honour are:
- Dr. Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg, Distinguished Professor, Pediatrics & Child Health and Distinguished Professor, Biochemistry and Medical Genetics
- Dr. Sarah Israels, renowned pediatric hematologist/oncologist [M.D./1979]
- William Loewen, distinguished business leader and philanthropist [C.A./1954]
- Dr. Grant N. Pierce, cardiovascular medicine researcher [Ph.D./1983]
- Jacqueline Blay, award-winning francophone historian [M.A./1987, Cert.Trad.2003]
- Bernice Marmel, long-time champion and advocate for seniors, affordable housing and low-income Manitobans [B.A./1949, M.Ed./1986]
- Dr. David Barnard, University of Manitoba President and Vice-Chancellor
The Order of Manitoba, the province’s highest honour, was established in 1999 to recognize Manitobans who have demonstrated excellence and achievement, thereby enriching the social, cultural or economic well-being of the province and its residents.
For additional information about the Order of Manitoba and to watch a livestream of the investiture ceremony, visit www.manitobalg.ca.