UM Today UM Today University of Manitoba UM Today UM Today UM Today
News from
Environmental Health and Safety Office
UM Today Network
The general lab at Bannatyne campus.

Student summer work terms means safety training

Safety first: Complete required courses and forms for new employees

Whether your workplace is a lab, a workshop, or out in the field, a successful work experience starts with the right training.

With the winter session behind us, students will be starting summer work terms and safety training should be the first step.

Many departments and faculties offer specialized internal training courses. However, particular training modules administered by Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) must also be completed by new employees to comply with regulations. Safety is everyone’s responsibility and discussions about the appropriate training requirements for your position should happen early on with your supervisor.

read full story

, , ,

Recent Stories From UM Today

August Instagram photo contest

Share your photos during August and you could win Summer isn’t over yet, so let’s celebrate that with a photo contest! To be entered to win, follow @umstudent on Instagram, post a photo or video showing how you spent your summer and use the hashtag #umsummer2018. One winner will receive a $25 gift card from the Bookstore.

, ,

© University of Manitoba • Winnipeg, Manitoba • Canada • R3T 2N2

Emergency: 204-474-9341